WHAT IS ALL-IN COVER & HOW DOES IT WORK?
Sometimes, you are outdrawn, sometimes you get rivered and, sometimes Lady Luck just isn’t in your favor. You win some, you lose some! NOT ANYMORE! Now, you get to win – even when you don’t win! Pocket52 presents your protection against variance and bad beats – ALL-IN COVER. Live on 10/25 cash tables.
The All-In Cover feature is your free pass in case things don’t go according to plan – it’s your all-in protection to combat variance and bad beats in NLH & PLO games. With Pocket52’s All-In Cover feature, you get to play the +EV game which makes the community cards non-relevant during all-in situations and will help you get a share of the pot based on your hand equity.
Here’s How Pocket52’s All-In Cover Feature Works:
- When the All-In Cover feature is activated, all-in players are given a chance to claim a share of the pot based on their hand equity.
- If a player chooses to All-In Cover, they will claim their equity share of the pot, and will not receive any extra percentage of the pot.
- If the player wins the hands due to the run of cards, even then he will receive only their equity share of the pot.
- If the player loses the hand due to the run of the remaining dealt cards, even then he will receive their equity share of the pot.
- All-In Cover will be given to a player only if there are two players in the pot. If the player chooses to All-In Cover, the hand will end. However, the cards are still dealt and the result will not affect the player’s pot return.
- If the first all-in player accepts the All-In Cover, they will receive their equity in chips (excluding the AIC fee) regardless of whether he wins or loses the hand. The other player will still be eligible to win 100% of the pot (excluding rake), if the other player wins the pot then he’ll receive the pot and the first all-in player will receive an equity share of his pot from Pocket52 (excluding AIC fee)
After all-in, players will be shown their hand equities and will get two options to choose from (players will have a timer for choosing the option):
- All-In Cover – Player will get the equity share of the pot
- Normal Run – Hand will run as normal hand only
NOTE: If all the all-in players choose a normal run then the hand continues as standard.
Player 1 = Pocket Kings (K♠️K♥️)
Player 2 = Jack/Ten suited (J♠️T♠️)
Flop: 8♥️, Q♠️, K♣️
Both go all-in on the flop. Player 1 has ~73% equity while Player 2 has ~27% equity.
Player 1 can choose the All-In Cover option and take their equity share of the pot (~73%).
If Player 1 accepts the All-In Cover, the turn and river cards are dealt, and if Player 2 (~27%) holds the winning hand, the pot (minus fees) is covered by Pocket52.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q. What is Equity?
Equity is the probability of a hand winning at the time of all-in.
Q. What is EV?
Expected Value (EV) is the equity-based value a player will win out of the pot if the remaining cards are not dealt.
Q. Do both all-in players get the All-In Cover option?
Only the player with equity greater than 50% will get the All-In Cover option.
Q. Do both players need to agree to run All-In Cover like RIT (run it twice)?
No, only the player with equity greater than 50% will get the All-In Cover option.
Q. Do players have the option to turn off the All-In Cover feature if they wish to?
Players can opt to choose to play on non-All-In Cover tables or choose to normal run on All-In Cover tables
Q. Will All-In Cover be available for Holdem (NLH) & Pot-Limit Omaha (PLO & PLO5) games?
Yes, All-In Cover will be available for all poker variants (Texas Holdem, 4-Card PLO & 5-Card PLO). Look for the “AIC” icon before choosing the cash game room in the lobby.
Q. How is the player’s equity calculated?
For quick in-app action and trusted calculations, all players’ equity is computed based on millions of possibilities by our Pocket52 Back end, which is one of the most accurate estimates in the industry. The rounding-off the error for calculating a player’s Equity Value is +-.005%
Q. Why equity-based chopping of pot?
To allow players to play the +EV game which makes the community cards nonrelevant at the time of all-in. This helps the player in getting a part of the pot based on their hand equity and allows them to avoid variance and bad beats.
Q. How is the All-In Cover pot amount calculated?
All-In Cover pot amount = ((%EV * (Pot amount) * (100% – Insurance fee%))
where %EV is the combination of your winning, losing, and split equity
Try the All-In Cover feature at Pocket52 tables & start winning, even when you don’t win! Now live on 10/25 stakes–