🔥 Get 150% Cashback Upto ₹75,000
Poker Hand Rankings: Your First Step in Understanding The Game Of Poker
When advancing in poker, it is a prerequisite to understanding which hand holds over another. But knowing the hand ranks is basic. What follows is developing the intelligence to gauge the opponent’s possible set of hands and placing them in a range. We will get there soon. In the present day, Poker is all Hold’em. So we will begin with contemplating the ranks for NL Texas Hold’em. (Yes, the ranks differ for various poker games).
- The Royal flush – An ace-high straight flush is called a royal flush. (Image)
- Straight flush – A five-card Straight, all in the same suit is a straight flush.
- Four of a kind – Four cards of equal value are called Four of a kind, or quads
- Full house – A full house contains a set of three cards of the same value and a pair of other values.
- Flush – A flush is any 5 cards, all of the same suit (Image)
- Straight – A flush is a set of any 5 cards, all of the same suit (Image)
- Three of a kind – This is two cards of one value and another two cards of another value.
- Two pair – This is two cards of one value and another two cards of another value
- A single pair – One pair is two cards of the same rank.
- The High Card – The hand with the highest card(s) wins.
When two players hold the same rank a higher card decides which hand dominates which. The experience of playing poker is all about, exposing every vulnerable cell of your body in front of your opponents, Keeping it together from the time your cards are dealt until the time the pot is spoken for. It is a game that plays ‘life’, and lives in front of your eyes for those few hours of the game.
Check out the detailed blog about poker hand rankings here